We would like to welcome all our children old and new to our Nursery. We are very excited about all the new children that have joined our school and we know that all the children are looking forward to making lots of new friends.
This half term we are going to be settling in and finding out what it is like in Nursery and the routines we have each day. Throughout this half term we will be doing lots of fun and exciting activities to find out all about ourselves and our families.
You, Me, and Everybody!
This half term we are learning about:
- What we look like and our similarities and differences
- How to paint a self-portrait
- What the different parts of our body are called and where they are
- What our five senses are and how we use them
- How we learn
- What we can do now compared to when we were babies
- What makes a good friend
- People who are important to us
- Our homes
Books we will be reading this half term:
- Meg Goes to School
- Topsy and Tim Start School
- My Body
- My nose, your nose
- The Five Senses
- My Mum and Dad Make Me Laugh
- Five Minutes Peace
- Spick and Span Fairy
You can help at home by:
- Talking to your child about the different people in their family
- Looking at photographs of family and friends and talking about past times
- Talking about what they can do now compared to when they were babies
- Helping your child to identify their name and attempt to write it
- Singing songs such as Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes to identify parts of the body
- Helping your child to think about how they have similarities and differences
- Reading a variety of books to your child
- Play games that use their senses
This week saw us open up our nursery doors and welcome everybody back after a long summer break!
We spent our first few days getting to know each other in our new classes and trying to remember each other's names!
We explored all of the areas of provision in our new classroom and in our outdoor area too!