Hello everybody! It has been a very exciting first week! The children have settled in beautifully and they are very busy developing new relationships with friends and getting to know our classroom and exploring all the exciting areas of provision inside and out! We have two teaching assistants in our class, who are Miss Dickinson and Mrs Smith.
This week the children have been painting self portraits! The children have looked at themselves in the mirror and talked about the colour of their skin, eyes, hair and lips. Then they carefully painted their features. You can soon view the beautiful artwork on the display adjacent to our classroom.
You, Me and Everybody!
What will we be learning?
· We will be learning about what we look like and we will be looking at the similarities and differences we have to other people.
· We will be learning how to label a picture and how to label our bodies.
· We will be learning how to draw a picture of ourselves and our families.
· We will be learning about our bodies and how we use them.
· We will be learning about our senses by smelling, feeling and looking at different foods.
· We will be learning about what we can do now compared to when we were babies.
· We will be learning about what makes a good friend.
· We will be learning about what the children are good at and why it is great to be them.
· We will be learning how to talk about people who are special and important to us.
· We will be learning how to match the correct amount of people to numerals, how to use positional language, and how to order two objects by size.
· We will be learning the different noises that musical instruments make using our ears.