In Literacy we had to help the police to find the bears by making a wanted poster. We all did a fantastic job and here are a few examples!
This week we have been looking at different materials and using them to create a bear collage independently. Here are a few pieces of our fabulous art work!
After reading "We're going on a Bear Hunt" we completed an activity where we felt different materials in a tray and had to describe how they felt. We had to guess what was in the tray and try and link it to a part of the story. We had to feel cotton wool, ice and beans. We did not like the beans!
We prepared for our Teddy Bears Picnic by making sandwiches. We were able to cut out sandwiches into bear shapes.
This week we used our imagination and went on our own bear hunt! We travelled through the long wavy grass, the thick oozy mud, the deep dark forest, the deep cold river and the swirling, whirling snowstorm! Finally we came across a narrow gloomy cave and we found a BEAR! We ran back inside the classroom and locked the door as fast as we could. We're not going on a bear hunt again!
This half term we are learning about:
The children will:
· Read story books about bears
· Sequence a story
· Make a list of things needed for a picnic
· Go on a teddy bears picnic
· Make and taste porridge
· Go on a bear hunt
· Make wanted posters for the bears
· Talk about likes and dislikes
The main books we will read during our Learning Adventure are:
You can help by encouraging your child to:
· Count objects such as stairs, spoons and stones
· Identify numbers in the environment such as on buses, doors or remote controls
· Write his/her name
· Identify shapes. E.g. circle, square, triangle and rectangle
· Make up and tell you a story using the pictures in a book
· Talk about the people who live in their house